Pine Banks Park is thrilled to announce its partnership with the City of Malden to introduce a new community event that promotes sustainability, climate resilience, and environmental awareness. The Green Malden Fair, building off the recently launched Green Malden initiative, will take place on Saturday, April 15th from 1PM to 4PM at Pine Banks Park.
This informative fair will showcase a range of city sustainability programs, local environmental groups, and free recycling for hard-to-recycle materials. The event will also offer opportunities for residents to save on energy costs and giveaways, all while celebrating the upcoming Earth Day, which takes place the following Saturday. Residents will also have an opportunity to sign up for various city-wide cleanups.
Here are some of the activities and offerings that will be available at the fair:
- A chance to participate in the launch of Malden’s Climate Action Plan
- Learn about getting a free home energy assessment to reduce your home electricity use and save money
- See a demonstration of Bike to the Sea’s new Bike Kitchen – a new bicycle repair shop opening on the Bike Path in Malden
- Free shrub seedling giveaway
- Free on-site paper shredding for residents who want to safely shred and recycle sensitive documents
- Sign up for Earth Day clean-up events
- *Free on-site bulk Styrofoam recycling
- *Free on-site electronic waste recycling
- *Demo of Blue Bikes and a giveaway of free Blue Bikes pass
- *Sign up for the soon-to-be-launched Curbside Composting program. The first 200 registrations will receive a free composting cart and bag liners ($40 value) – sign up is required at Fair
There are important details to be carefully reviewed on each of the *items listed above, along with a full listing of all that will be available at the Green Malden Fair at www.cityofmalden.org/greenmalden. Please review these details if you plan on participating in any one of the *items above.
Join us at Pine Banks Park on April 15th to celebrate sustainability, learn about new environmental initiatives, and enjoy a fun-filled day with family and friends!